Orecchiette alla crudaiola
Orecchiette alla crudaiola is a typical summer dish from the Puglia region in the South of Italy, easy to prepare and to adapt to one's own taste. Enjoy warm as a "primo piatto" or cold as a salad. actually that's the way we like it.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 300 g of Orechiette Filotea
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 150 g of hard ricotta salata cheese (not the regular soft ricotta !) but if you can't find it substitute with Pecorino Romano or even Feta cheese
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- natural coarse sea salt Solana Nin
- flower of salt Solana Nin
- Kalios 02 extra-virgin olive oil
Cook the Orecchiette in plenty of salted boiling water for about 13 minutes (slightly longer if you don't like "al dente")
In the meantime, wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in small pieces. Put them in a bowl and season with flower of salt and plenty of olive oil. Add the basil leaves washed and chopped and the grated hard ricotta cheese (or grated pecorino romano or fetta crumbles). Mix well and add more oil if necessary.
Add the orecchiette to the bowl making sure they are all covered by the sauce and don't stick, mix well. You can eat the pasta immediately or leave it in the fridge and, why not, enjoy at your sunday picnic.
Seasoning alla crudaiola is really and try / taste thing so take your time and taste while preparing, at least the first time.